Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Learning to unlearn

Teachers need to unlearn things, because technology is constantly upgrading. A teacher cannot be at their full potential unless they have the ability to unlearn and relearn things. A teacher will not be at their full potential if the can not unlearn that learning only occurs in school. Children learn outside of school and are constantly learning. Learning does not have to be a individual task, I was in groups in classes and they were an effective tool for me. The teacher does not have to be an expert at their subject, but they need to be able to help kids grasp concepts and become better critical thinkers and problem solvers.
There are a number of things that I will have to unlearn for when I become a teacher. Adusting to technology is one, I have never been "tech savy" technology is becoming increasingly popular in our classrooms. I will definately need to become more efficient with technology and with computers.

9 comments:

  1. Nice post! I agree with everything you said

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comment on relearning in regards to technology. It is the major factor in today's classrooms. As long as you have a positive mindset to learn and expect the best, relearning how to incorporate technology in your classroom should be very easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that as we become teachers there are many things we will have to unlearn, learn, and relearn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post a lot I agree with a lot of the things that you said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that when I become a teacher it's going to be important for me to know as much as possible especially when it comes to technology

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah I am totally in the same position as you are with technology. I like your point on how teachers dont need to be master of their subject, but thats its crucial that you can help students grasp the material.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teachers really do need to learn that learning for kids not only happens in the classroom but happens in every aspect of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you said about the teacher not needing to be an expert. If they're willing to put the time in the teachers will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Technology is definitely going to be one of those tools that we are going to have to unlearn and relearn over and over again because it is constantly changing. But, with constant professional development, adapting to changes in not just technology, but other branches of education shouldn't be too much of a problem!

    ReplyDelete