Thursday, January 31, 2013

All about me

Hi my name is Matthew Schuster, I am currently a 2nd semester freshman at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. My major is Secondary Education in Physics. I am currently 18, my birthday is on February 16th.
Technology is a great tool for learning because with the internet people have access to endless amounts of information right at their finger tips. I made this blog in my Technology for teaching and learning class for the purpose of learning how to utilize technology for when I become a teacher. Hopefully with the skills I learn in this class I will be able to incorporate technology into my classroom one day. I feel like technology is a good way to help teach students because you can find many different examples of an idea.
I believe that teachers are the foundation of our country, because all citizens go through at least some schooling. If teachers can connect with students, they can become well informed and logical thinking members of society and can contribute to our nation. I think teachers are the keystone of our country and that is why I want to become a teacher.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice blog post! The video was a great way to relate to your major. I also agree that technology is a great way to teach, just because there is so much out there to find. Your teaching philosophy was very logical, and I agree one hundred percent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice write up, and gotta love the video haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via your reddit link. :)

    I think it's awesome that you want to be a science teacher! Science education is so important, and it's critical that students have access to an actual science teacher, not someone that they roped in to cover the class at the last minute (which is how my high school physics class was).

    Here's something I'll throw out there for you to think about this term. I'm the parent of a middle schooler who absolutely loves science. His teacher uses technology a lot (particularly the web), and it's great the range of activities it makes possible. But there's another side to it--the fact that my son has a laptop in front of him in that class most days (with internet access!) means he is very prone to distraction. This year, science is his worst class, gradewise, for this reason.

    Technology as a distraction is an issue his school is having to wrestle with, as this is the first year they are integrating so much technology & web access into the curriculum. I know college students have this same problem with self-discipline too; it's no surprise that a middle-schooler or high-schooler might struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Matt i already know all about you....we went to school together. just to make sure you remember. Awesome video thought it was really cool have fun being like Mrs. Ogden, she was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I agree that technology is a great way to teach, there is so many new ways you can use it in the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday! Also I think it is great you want to be a science teacher. Video was a good choice to put in your blog. It went along very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hats off to you being a Physics teacher I could never do it. Happy belated birthday by the way. The video that you embedded was perfect for what you want to do. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete